Industrial Gigabit Ethernet Switch, 1x 10/100/1000Base-T or 1000Base-X (auto detect), 7x10/100Base-TX, 3x SFP Ports, Redundant-Uplink with Ultra Fast Ring Recovery
This switch version has been specially certified for applications in the area of rail traffic and power substations. Certification in accordance with the standards EN50121-4:2006 (for more stringent EMC requirements on electromagnetic interference resistance) and EN50125-3:2003 (temperature, climate, vibration and shock resistance) means the device may be installed directly in 1m distance from the rail track.
The accredited Gigabit switch has 1000Base-X fiber optic ports permitting the construction of a fiber optic ring (fast redundancy). The fast redundancy is made possible by a mechanism patented by MICROSENS that executes a reconfiguration of the Ethernet network in a millisecond in the event of a fault.
An upgraded version furthermore offers the Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality. PoE enables IP-telephones, wireless access points, web cameras, access control systems etc. to be supplied with power via the data connection.
It is no longer necessary to install data and power cables to every network device, so that costs can be significantly reduced. The switches are designed to be operated under extreme surrounding conditions and stable operation along the railway line is guaranteed.
- Railway approval according to EN50121-4:2006 and EN50125- 3:2003
- Power Substation approval according to IEC61850-3 and IEEE1613
- Fault tolerant fiber ring with reconfiguration < 20 ms
- Extensive features such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP-Snooping, STP/RSTP etc.
- Flexibility through SFP version with dual speed 100/1000 Mbps
- Power-over-Ethernet version
- Redundant power supply possible
- Operating temperature range -40..+75 °C
- Power supplies with railway approval with 24 VDC and 48 VDC / 60 W available
2 year manufacturer warranty.