Planet IPv6, 24-Port Gigabit with 4-Port SFP Layer 2/4 SNMP Managed Switch
Cost-effective IPv6 Managed Gigabit Switch Solution for SMB
Nowadays, lots of electronic products or mobile devices can browse the Internet, which means the need of IP Address increases. However, the current IPv4 network infrastructure is not capable enough to provide IP Address to each single users / Clients. The situation forces the ISP to build up the IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) network infrastructure speedily. To fulfill the demand, PLANET releases the IPv6 management Gigabit Ethernet Switch, the WGSW-24040 series which supports both IPv4 and IPv6 management functions. It can work with original network structure (IPv4) and also support the new network structure (IPv6) in the future. With easy and friendly management interfaces and plenty of management functions included, the WGSW-24040 series is the best choice for ISP to build the IPv6 FTTx edge service and for SMB to connect with the IPv6 network.
Diversity for Multiple Applications
PLANET WGSW-24040 series is a 19” rack mount sized, Layer 2 / Layer 4 Full Managed Gigabit Switch which can handle extremely large amounts of data in a secure topology linking to an Enterprise backbone or high capacity network server with 48Gbps switching fabric. The powerful features of QoS and network security offered by the WGSW-24040 series performs effective data traffic control for ISPs and Enterprises VoIP, video streaming and multicast applications. It is ideal for the remote access layer of campus or enterprise networks and the aggregation layer of IP metropolitan networks.
The WGSW-24040 series provides 24 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports with 4 shared Gigabit SFP slots. It boasts high performance architecture of switch that is capable to provide the non-blocking switch fabric and wire-speed throughput as high as 48Gbps, which greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading the LAN for catering to increasing bandwidth demands.
Robust Layer 2 Features
The WGSW-24040 series can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic Port link aggregation, Q-in-Q VLAN, private VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree protocol (MSTP), Layer 2 to Layer 4 QoS, bandwidth control and IGMP Snooping. The WGSW-24040 series provides 802.1Q Tagged VLAN, and the VLAN groups allowed will be maximally up to 256. Via aggregation of supporting ports, the WGSW-24040 series allows the operation of a high-speed trunk combining multiple ports. It enables maximum up to 12 groups of 16 ports for trunk and supports fail-over as well.
The WGSW-24040 series offers comprehensive Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises of 802.1x Port-Based and MAC-Based user and device authentication. With the private VLAN function, communications between edge ports can be protected to ensure user privacy. New WGSW-24040 series Net Security also provides DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard 及Dynamic ARP Inspection functions to prevent IP snooping from attack and discard ARP packets with invalid MAC address. The network administrators can now construct highly secured corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Excellent Traffic Control
The WGSW-24040 series is loaded with powerful traffic management and QoS features to enhance services offered by telecoms. The QoS features includes wire-speed Layer 4 traffic classifiers and bandwidth limiting that are particularly useful for multi-tenant unit, multi business unit, Telco, or Network Service Provider applications. The WGSW-24040 series also empowers the enterprises to take full advantages of the limited network resources and guarantees the best performance in VoIP and Video conferencing transmission.
Efficient and Secure Management
For efficient management, the WGSW-24040 series Managed Ethernet Switch is equipped with console, WEB and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in Web-Based management interface, the WGSW-24040 series offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. The WGSW-24040 series supports standard Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and can be managed via any standard-based management software. For text-based management, the WGSW-24040 series can be accessed via Telnet and the console port. Moreover, the WGSW-24040 series offers secure remote management by supporting SSH, SSL and SNMPv3 connection which encrypt the packet content at each session.
Flexibility and Extension Solution
The two mini-GBIC slots built in the WGSW-24040 series support Dual-Speed, 100Base-FX and 1000Base-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber-optic modules, that means, the administrator now can flexibly choose the suitable SFP transceiver according to the transmission distance or the transmission speed required. The distance can be extended from 550 meters (Multi-Mode fiber) up to above 10/50/70/120 kilometers (Single-Mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
AC / DC Power Redundant to Ensure Continuous Operation ( WGSW-24040R )
Particularly for the WGSW-24040R, it is equipped with one 100~240V AC power supply unit and one DC -48V connector to provide an enhanced reliable and scalable redundant power supply installation. The continuous power system is specifically designed to fulfill the demands of high tech facilities requiring the highest power integrity. The -48V DC power supply implemented makes the WGSW-24040R the telecom level device that can be located at the electronic room.
• 24-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45
• 4 mini-GBIC/SFP slots, shared with Port-21 to Port-24
• Console interface for Switch basic management and setup
Layer 2 Features
• Complies with the IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3z Gigabit
• Supports Auto-negotiation and Half-Duplex / Full-Duplex modes for all 10Base-
T/100Base-TX and 1000Base-T ports.
• Auto-MDI/MDI-X detection for each RJ-45 port
• Prevents packet loss with back pressure (Half-Duplex) and IEEE 802.3x PAUSE frame
flow control (Full-Duplex)
• High performance of Store-and-Forward architecture, broadcast storm control and
runt/CRC filtering eliminates erroneous packets to optimize the network bandwidth
• 8K MAC address table, automatic source address learning and ageing
• 1392Kbytes embedded memory for packet buffers
• Support VLAN
–IEEE 802.1Q Tagged VLAN
–Up to 255 VLANs groups, out of 4041 VLAN IDs
–Provider Bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q) support (IEEE 802.1ad)
–Private VLAN Edge (PVE)
• Support Spanning Tree Protocol
–STP, IEEE 802.1d (Spanning Tree Protocol)
–RSTP, IEEE 802.1w (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol)
• Support Link Aggregation
–802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
–Cisco ether-channel (Static Trunk)
–Maximum 12 trunk groups, up to 16 ports per trunk group
–Up to 32Gbps bandwidth(Duplex Mode)
• Provide Port Mirror (many-to-1)
• Port Mirroring to monitor the incoming or outgoing traffic on a particular port
Quality of Service
• 4 priority queues on all switch ports.
• Supports for strict priority and weighted round robin (WRR) CoS policies
• Ingress Shaper and Egress Rate Limit per port bandwidth control
• Traffic-policing policies on the switch port
• Supports IGMP Snooping v1, v2 and v3
• Querier mode support
• IEEE 802.1x Port-Based / MAC-Based network access authentication
• IP-Based Access Control List (ACL)
• MAC-Based Access Control List
• Static MAC
• WEB-based, Telnet, Console Command Line management
• Accesses through SNMPv1, v2c and v3 security set and get requests.
• Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client
• BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment
• Firmware upload/download via HTTP / TFTP
• SNTP (Simple Network Time Protocol)
• Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) Protocol
• PLANET Smart Discovery Utility for deploy management
Redundant Power System (WGSW-24040R)
• 100~240V AC / -48V DC Dual power redundant
• Active-active redundant power failure protection
• Backup of catastrophic power failure on one supply
Products shipped by Planet Technology Corp. are covered by a return-to-base warranty period of 2 years (24 months), excluding Ethernet LAN Switch which is with 3-year warranty