Planet 28-Port SNMP Manageable Gigabit Switch (24 + 4-Port SFP)
Cost-effective IPv6 Managed Gigabit Switch solution for SMB To fulfill the demand of IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) network infrastructure, PLANET releases the IPv6 management Gigabit Ethernet Switch, WGSD-10020. It supports both IPv4 and IPv6 management functions. It can work with original network structure (IPv4) and also support the new network structure (IPv6) in the future. With easy and friendly management interfaces and plenty of management functions included, the WGSD-10020 is the best choice for ISP to build the IPv6 FTTx edge service and for SMB to connect with IPv6 network.
The WGSD-10020 provides 8 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 100/1000Base-X Gigabit SFP slots. It boasts high performance architecture of switch that is capable for providing the non-blocking switch fabric and wire-speed throughput as high as 20Gbps, which greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading the LAN for catering to increasing bandwidth demands.
Applies the latest chip process and Green technology, the WGSD-10020 successfully reduces substantial power consumption with the fanless and noiseless design collocating with the effective cooler. Therefore, the WGSD-10020 is able to operate stably and quietly in any environment without affecting its performance.
Diversity for Multiple Applications
PLANET WGSD-10020 is a desktop size, Layer 2 / Layer 4 Full Managed Gigabit Switch which can handle extremely large amounts of data in a secure topology linking to an Enterprise backbone or high capacity network server with 20Gbps switching fabric. The powerful features of QoS and network security offered by the WGSD-10020 provides effective data traffic control for ISPs and Enterprises VoIP, video streaming and multicast applications. It is ideal for the remote access layer of campus or enterprise networks and the aggregation layer of IP metropolitan networks.
Robust Layer 2 Features
The WGSD-10020 can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic Port link aggregation, Q-in-Q VLAN, private VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree protocol (MSTP), Layer 2 to Layer 4 QoS, bandwidth control and IGMP/MLD Snooping. The WGSD-10020 provides 802.1Q Tagged VLAN, and the VLAN groups allowed will be maximally up to 255. Via aggregation of supporting ports, the WGSD-10020 allows the operation of a high-speed trunk combining multiple ports. It enables maximum up to 5 groups of 10 ports for trunk and supports fail-over as well.
The WGSD-10020 offers comprehensive Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises of 802.1x Port-Based and MAC-Based user and device authentication. With the private VLAN function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to ensure user privacy. The WGSD-10020 also provides Network Security functions including DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard and Dynamic ARP Inspection to prevent IP snooping attack and discard ARP packets with invalid MAC address. The network administrators can now construct highly secured PLANET introduces the latest Managed Gigabit Switch - WGSW-28040 that is perfectly designed for SMB and SOHO network construction. Besides the hot IPv6 / IPv4 management and abundant L2 / L4 switching functions, the WGSW-28040 applies the fanless and Green technology to provide a quiet, energy saving, high speed and reliable office network environment. It benefits the SMB and SOHO users the Gigabit network environment with only the low price as Fast Ethernet Switches cost. The WGSW-28040 is quite suitable for next generation network deployment and offers the lowest total cost of ownership. It is the best investment for business expanding or upgrading its network infrastructure.
The WGSW-28040 provides 28 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports in which including 4 100/1000Base-X shared Gigabit SFP slots. It boasts high performance architecture of switch that is capable for providing the non-blocking switch fabric and wire-speed throughput as high as 56Gbps, which greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading the LAN for catering to increasing bandwidth demands.
Applies the latest chip process and Green technology, the WGSW-28040 successfully reduces substantial power consumption with the fanless and noiseless design collocating with the effective cooler. Therefore, the WGSW-28040 is able to operate stably and quietly in any environment without affecting its performance.
IPv6 / IPv4 Dual Stack
By supporting IPv6 management features and also backward compatible with IPv4, the WGSW-28040 helps the SMB to step in the IPv6 era with the lowest investment but not need to replace the network facilities while the ISP constructs the IPv6 FTTx edge network.
Robust Layer 2 Features
The WGSW-28040 can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic Port link aggregation, 802.1Q VLAN and Q-in-Q VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree protocol (MSTP), Loop and BPDU Guard, and IGMP Snooping. Via aggregation of supporting ports, the WGSW-28040 allows the operation of a high-speed trunk combining multiple ports as a 16Gbps fat pipe and supports fail-over as well.
Efficient Traffic Control
The WGSW-28040 is loaded with robust QoS features and powerful traffic management to enhance services to business-class data, voice, and video solutions. The functionality includes broadcast / multicast storm control, per port bandwidth control, IP DSCP QoS priority and remarking. It guarantees the best performance at VoIP and Video stream transmission and empowers the enterprises to take full advantages of the limited network resources.
Enhanced and Secure Management
For efficient management, the WGSW-28040 is equipped with console, WEB, telnet and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in Web-Based management interface, the WGSW-28040 offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. By supporting standard Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), the switch can be managed via any standard management software. For text-based management, the switch can be accessed via Telnet and the console port. Moreover, the WGSW-28040 offers secure remote management by supporting SSH and SSL connection which encrypt the packet content at each session.
PLANET WGSW-28040 offers comprehensive Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1X port-based authentication, which can be deployed with RADIUS, to ensure the port level security and block illegal users. With the Protected Port function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to guarantee user privacy. Port Security allows to limit the number of users on a given port. The network administrators can now construct highly secured corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Flexible Extension Solution
The four mini-GBIC slots built in the WGSW-28040 are compatible with 100/1000Base-SX/LX and WDM SFP (Small Form Factor Pluggable) fiber-optic modules. The distance can be extended from 550 meters (Multi-Mode fiber) up to above 10/20/30/40/50/70/120 kilometers (Single-Mode fiber or WDM fiber). It is well suited for applications in the enterprise data centers and distributions.
In line with the energy-saving trend worldwide, the WGSW-28040 adopts the new generation green technology which brings both benefits of energy saving and Gigabit performance. The new engine provides up to 60% less energy consumption without reducing the performance, and particularly it offers flexible power saving mode to fill various demands.
• 28-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit RJ-45 copper
• 4 100/1000Base-X mini-GBIC/SFP slots, shared with Port-25 to Port-28
• RS-232 DB9 console interface for Switch basic management and setup
Layer 2 Features
• Prevents packet loss with back pressure (Half-Duplex) and IEEE 802.3x PAUSE frame flow control
• High performance of Store-and-Forward architecture and runt/CRC filtering eliminates erroneous
packets to optimize the network bandwidth
• Supports VLAN
- Management VLAN
- IEEE 802.1Q Tagged VLAN
- Up to 256 VLANs groups, out of 4094 VLAN IDs
- Provider Bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q) support (IEEE 802.1ad)
- Private VLAN Edge (PVE / Port Isolation)
- IP Subnet VLAN
- Voice VLAN
• Supports Spanning Tree Protocol
- STP, IEEE 802.1D (Spanning Tree Protocol)
- RSTP, IEEE 802.1w (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol)
- MSTP, IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol, spanning tree by VLAN
- BPDU Guard
• Supports Link Aggregation
- IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Cisco ether-channel (Static Trunk)
- Maximum 8 trunk groups, up to 8 ports per trunk group
- Up to 16Gbps bandwidth (Duplex Mode)
• Provides Port Mirror (many-to-1)
• Port Mirroring to monitor the incoming or outgoing traffic on a particular port
Quality of Service
• Ingress / Egress Rate Limit per port bandwidth control
• 8 priority queues on all switch ports
• Traffic classification
- Port-Based priority
- IEEE 802.1p CoS
- IP DSCP of IPv4/IPv6 packets
• Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin (WRR) CoS policies
• DSCP remarking
• Supports IGMP Snooping v1, v2 and v3
• Querier mode support
• IGMP Snooping v2 fast leave
• Unknown Multicast drop
• Storm Control support
- Broadcast / Multicast / Unknown-Unicast / Unknown-Multicast
- IEEE 802.1X Port-Based network access authentication
- Built-in RADIUS client to co-operate with the RADIUS servers
• Access Control List
- IP-Based ACL
- MAC-Based ACL
• MAC Security
- Static MAC
- Source / Destination MAC Filtering
- Port Security for Source MAC address entries filtering
• DHCP Snooping to filter un-trusted DHCP message
• Dynamic ARP Inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
• IP Source Guard prevent IP spoofing attacks
•IPv6 / IPv4 Dual Stack
• Switch Management Interfaces
- Console / Telnet Command Line Interface
- IPv4 and IPv6 Web switch management
- SNMP v1, v2c & v3 switch management
- SSH / SSL secure access
• Four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms, and events)
• SNMP trap for interface Link Up and Link Down notification
• SNTP (Simple Network Time Protocol)
• Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client
• BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment
• Firmware upload/download via HTTP / TFTP
• DHCP Relay
• DHCP Option 82
• Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) Protocol
• Event message logging to remote Syslog server
• Reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default
• IP Stacking management up to 16 units
Products shipped by Planet Technology Corp. are covered by a return-to-base warranty period of 2 years (24 months), excluding Ethernet LAN Switch which is with 3-year warranty